Behaviour Policy and Statement
Written Statement of Behaviour Principles for Trottiscliffe CEP School
- Every pupil understands they have the right to feel safe, valued and respected, and learn free from the disruption of others
- All pupils, staff and visitors are free from any form of discrimination
- Staff and volunteers set an excellent example to pupils at all times
- Rewards and sanctions are used consistently by staff, in line with the behaviour policy
- The behaviour policy is understood by pupils and staff
- The Exclusions Policy explains that exclusions will only be used as a last resort, and outlines the processes involved in permanent and fixed-term exclusions
- Pupils are helped to take responsibility for their actions
- Families are involved in behaviour incidents to foster good relationships between the school and pupils’ home life
The governing board also emphasises that violence or threatening behaviour will not be tolerated in any circumstances.
This written statement of behaviour principles is reviewed and approved by the governing body annually.