Each pupil at our school, receives 2 sessions of high-quality Physical Education per week. Some lessons are taught by a specialist PE teacher and some are led by the class teacher.
Our Physical Education provision aims to do the following:
- To ensure that all pupils experience a wide ranging and diverse Physical Education curriculum.
- To promote the importance of adopting a healthy lifestyle and highlight the benefits of physical activity on the body.
- To provide extra-curricular opportunities for pupils to pursue their interests in sport and physical activity.
- To develop student’s spiritual, moral, social and cultural experiences through a variety of sporting activities and competitive experiences.
- To enable pupils to work independently and as part of a team in varied activities.
- To establish and develop community with sporting agencies where pupils can further participate and fulfil their sporting potential.
All children in Key Stage Two have swimming lessons each year at Larkfield Leisure Centre. During these lessons the children work towards the School Swimming Awards Scheme organised by Swim England. As a school, we are committed to endeavouring to ensure all of our pupils are taught how to be safe near water, to swim 25m and basic survival skills.
Our lessons are taught by specialist swimming instructors and are usually taught in 3 groups. This means that swimming lessons are typically delivered through a ratio of 1:4 enabling our pupils to make rapid progress towards becoming stronger and safer swimmers.